[Zope] ODBC DA for unix coming?

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:55:44 +0300

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> > I was just wondering if there are plans for DC to release an ODBC DA
> > for unix?
>
> Well, in many ways the SOLID DA is ODBC :-)  The problem is more that we
> don't have any ODBC drivers on UNIX to try and test things with, it should
> be a trivial effort otherwise.
>
> I know there have been some efforts at a free ODBC implementation, but I've
> not seen any give fruit.

see:

http://www.openlink.co.uk/iodbc/contents.htm

At least PostgreSQL ODBC driver seems to to be compatible,
(http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/) and I suspect that
there are others as well.

I have not tested it myself, but the discussions were about getting the
postgreSQL ODBC driver to work under ApplixWare.

AFAIK the attempts resulted in success.

mxODBC should also be compatible with iODBC and unix ODBC drivers.

Hannu