[Zope] ANNOUNCING: MySQLdb-0.0.3 now available

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:33:40 -0400

Andy Dustman wrote:

> MySQLdb-0.0.3 has just been released. You'll find it at:
>
>         http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman
>
> I ran this sucker for about three hours (140 CPU minutes) with two
> simultanous threads with no leakage evident. However, there's an outside
> chance it may leak with more threads (like 10 or so).
>
> For you Zope smokers, there is a patch to ZMySQLDA to make it work with
> MySQLdb instead of MySQLmodule-1.4. Does it work? Maybe yes, maybe no;
> read the patch and don't complain to me if you go up or down an octave.
> Keep in mind, it won't work at all without at least MySQL-3.22.19, and
> MySQLmodule-1.4 uses 3.21.x AFAIK. 3.22.25 seems okay, except some
> weirdness with TIME columns (not my fault). And you need Python 1.5.2, but
> you need that for Zope 2.0.0 anyway, so get it.
>
> If you're actually using this module for something, I'd like to hear about
> it.
>
> Here is the FAQ: Q: Why do I have problems importing (missing symbols)? A:
> Either you don't have Python 1.5.2 (missing PyLong_FromLongLong) or you
> are linking against a shared output version of the MySQL client library
> and it's not on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> (That's really the only frequently asked question at this point.)

Out of curiosity, does it release the Python global interpreter lock
during I/O operations with the database?  This is something I'll be
doing with the new Sybase DA and the possible DB2 one.  We may want to
trade notes.

-Michel the too lazy to download the source and look for himself