[Zope] Chart, PILGraph, SQL Data Miner

Richard Jones Richard.Jones@fulcrum.com.au
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:28:14 +1000

[Oleg Broytmann]
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Arpad Kiss wrote:
> > Check out my simple chart drawing tool! This is the first working version,
> > so it is not too stable, the interface/internals may change in the
> > future...It is based on PIL(if you don't have it, you can download it from
> > www.pythonware.com)
> > Demo page: http://starship.python.net/crew/arpadk/chartdemo/chartdemo.html
> > Download: http://starship.python.net/crew/arpadk/downloads/Chart0.3.0.tar.gz
>
>    There is a nice PILGraph package (http://redback.spyda.net/~richard/)
> based on PIL too. Once I've contacted the author asking for patched and got
> the patches. I think you two can (and should) cooperate to produce powerful
> drawing tool.

    The problem is that I don't have the time to devote to polishing off
PILGraph. Anthony Baxter has used PILGraph in some of his recent work with the
data miner, and may have done some polishing of his own. Please do grab a copy
and see what can be done - PILGraph is a third-generation graphing package, and
tries to provide a nice framework for creating many different types of graphs.
Feel free to take the current source distribution and run with it.

        Richard