[Zope] ZServer Log Formatting Again

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:20:22 -0700

At 03:50 PM 7/20/99 -0700, Matthew Marlowe  wrote:
>ZServer adds a nonstandard portnumber to the client address for each
>entry in var/Z2.log thus breaking visitor tracking and domain reporting
>capabilities of most site analysis software. I thought I would ask if
>there is an easier way to turn this off before I went into the code and
>just commented out the relevent print statements.

Unfortunately Zserver doesn't have a flexible hit logging facility. It
wouldn't be hard to make things better, but it hasn't been a high enough
priority and I simply haven't had the time to get to this.

I'm always open to patches. If you're interested in tackling this problem
talk to me off-line.

Otherwise, as everyone knows, you are always welcome to fix it yourself or
pay someone (including DC) to fix it.

-Amos