[Zope] Extending <!--#var fmt=...-->

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:00:51 +0200

I asked this before, but I don't recall getting any responses.

It seems that you can write

  <!--#var SomeVariable fmt=SomeMethod-->

and SomeMethod -- assuming it is, for example, an External Method --
will be called. Unfortunately it seems SomeMethod is not called with any
parameters -- meaning it cannot access the variable or value to be
rendered.

Is this by design? Is there any way of extending fmt= by having it call
our methods with the value as a parameter? I've successfully patched the
appropriate source code to verify that it is indeed possible to do what
I'm looking for, so... why not? Security reasons?

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"