[Zope] It's not Zserver - sorry [was: Re: [Zope] Zserver blocks DDE on Win NT?]

Thomas Weiner weiner@tu-harburg.de
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:47:48 +0200

Amos Latteier schrieb:

> At 05:44 PM 7/22/99 +0200, Thomas Weiner wrote:
> >I observed that Zserver obviously inhibits DDE-Connections on Win NT.
> >
> >For Example:
> >
> >If I want to open an Access - Database within MS Word I have to shut
> >down Zserver. Everything works fine with Zhttpserver.
> >
> >Is that already known? Are there any Workarounds.
>
> This is interesting information. I did not know about this.
>
> I don't know anything about DDE, so let me ask, do you have any idea what
> ZServer could be doing to cause this? Do any other Python programs have
> this same effect?

Here I was wrong. Playing around with that, I noted that the trouble is
caused by ODBC or ZODBC or by a wrong configuration by myself - I'm not
sure what exactly.

I was (and am) confused that closing the ZODBC Database connection
didn't help.

apologies for the confusion,
thomas

--