[Zope] ZClasses and default documents, and COM objects.

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:44:07 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Phil Harris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On the subject of COM, I'm in the final stages of creating a product to
> convert Word Documents to HTML on the fly, taking the style sheet built into
> the document and creating an HTML4/CSS rendition of it.
>
> I know that there are Word->HTML converters around, but we have an awful lot
> of documents that need doing, and don't really want to convert them if
> no-ones going to look at them, this way since they get converted on the fly
> (and then cached and only reconverted if the original changes), only the
> documents that need converting get done.
>
> If anyone else has an interest in this then let me know.

Damm!  You beat me!  I was going to start on this this weekend.  My idea
is to use Word (via WordArt) to generate titles on the fly.  You would
create a word doc with several pics in it with text='Sample'.  When you
called it the text is replaced and a gif/jpeg is generated (possibilly via
PiL).  This way, you get access to all your cool truetype fonts.

ie:
	WordArt/Title/<title text>.gif

Could you point me to a location where I can get some code (no use
re-inventing the wheel ;)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder
Computer Systems Engineering