[Zope] tag suggestions: format tag

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:27:14 +0200

I think it's a good suggestion, but it'd be neat if the tag could accept
an inline expression. Something like:

<!--#format expr="Hello world" formatter="StructuredText"-->

would be equivalent to

<!--#format StructuredText-->Hello world<!--#/format-->

And

<!--#format name=MyDocument formatter="StructuredText"-->

would be equivalent to

<!--#format StructuredText--><!--#var MyDocument--><!--#/format-->

Comments? Regardless of the exact syntax, I think we're on the lead of
an important feature currently missing in Zope.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over