[Zope] Question

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:26:38 -0400

Michel wrote:

> I would like everyone to take a stab at this question and send me a
one
> sentence answer.
>
>     What is Zope?

I've been thinking in the following vein for a while, so (forgive me:-)
i can't resist posting my blathering to the group:

Using Zope you structure web sites as remotely managed programming
environments - it translates content management and programming
constructs onto web (and other protocol) sites. Ie, Zope does impedence
matching by which you can remotely control and program the web.

(To elaborate, Zope translates web content hierarchies, document
structuring, form and authentication state, and the dynamics of site
traversal, onto filesystem-like organizations and authentication,
protocol structurings, and program state and control flow.)

Ken