[Zope] Oracle DA installation...

LD Landis ldl@LDL.HealthPartners.COM
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:20:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

  Running Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux (RH5x)...  Having stuff in
  /usr/local/src/gz... this maks what works for me...

echo "/-------------------------------\\"
echo "| Making DCOracle 1.1.0 for MDR |"
echo "\\-------------------------------/"
echo
cd /usr/local/src
rm -rf DCOracle-1.1.0-nonbin
tar xvfz gz/DCOracle-1.1.0-nonbin.tgz
cd DCOracle-1.1.0-nonbin/src
cp Setup-8.0.4 Setup-8.0.5
echo "- create Setup-8.0.5"
ed Setup-8.0.5 << EOF
/-lsocket/
s/-lsocket -lnsl -lgen -ldl -lelf -laio -lposix4 //
EOF
echo "- build extension"
cp Setup-8.0.5 Setup
cp Makefile.pre.in-1.5 Makefile.pre.in
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot PYTHON=python
make
make install
python DCOracle_test.py user/passwd@instance.world
make clobber
exit 0

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> > You need the OCI distribution and/or an Oracle installation, or at least
> > the include and lib files that comes with them.
> >
> > Really annoying when you're working with an ISP's server -- or any other
> > case where the server doesn't belong to you and is not physically within
> > reach -- unless they're inclined to send you the files.
>
> A point of legal note is that the client libraries are licensed as well as
> the server, so you can not *legally* copy things like this under most
> license agreements.  You need to check with your admin about the licensing
> agreement issues.
>
> Chris
> --
> | Christopher Petrilli        Python Powered        Digital Creations, Inc.
> | petrilli@digicool.com                             http://www.digicool.com

Cheers,
	--ldl
LD Landis ldl@HealthPartners.Com N0YRQ    Voice 612/883-5511 Fax 612/883-6363
HealthPartners, 8100 34th Avenue So, PO Box 1309, Minneapolis, MN  55440-1309
Shape your life not from your memories, but from your hopes.       (Borrowed)
Still programming for the day-job... haven't yet gotten that Microsoft PR job
"PowerPoint -- the production platform of choice of the 'Big 6'."  -me
"The harder truth is that just because a company is spending a large amount
 on IT doesn't necessarily mean it's spending that money well."
   -- InformationWeek, Dec 8 1997, Pg 66 in "Old Countries, New Technologies"
"But it sure is easier just to sit back and bitch than to actually try to
 make yourself heard."  -- Jim Edwards-Hewitt                    meanwhile...
"I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
 that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
 interpreter."          -- Nicholas Petreley, InfoWorld editor.
Remember: The enthusiasm for having chosen "NT" is at its maximum at t=-1.