[Zope] Aquired Confusion

bill.anderson@libc.org bill.anderson@libc.org
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:09:03 -0600 (MDT)

Ok, i thought I had a fairly decent grasp of Acquisition, but mehtinks I
need to rethink that theory.

Situation:

I have a folder: /Styles in the root folder.
In this folder are stylesheets.
These stylesheets use dtml variables for certain things, ie.
 color: <!--#var MainTextColor-->;

The main folder has this property defined, and all works.
The stylesheet is referenced by:
<link href=Styles/primary rel=stylesheet type="text/css">
in the standard header.

Now comes the confusion, I thought that if under a subfolder, say
/Home, if would use the main folder's properties, unless I defined the
variables in that folder's properties tab. Unfortunately, it doesn't
seem to work that way. If I define MainTextColor on the propertysheet
for /Home, nothing changes. If I copy the /Styles to /Home, it works,
but that isn't what I am after.

What, if anything, am I misunderstanding.
(Zope2, ZODB3)

Bill Anderson