[Zope] FYI: More cool XML in Zope

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:30:36 +0100

>To get an idea, get beta 1, go to the QuickStart, click on
>Import/Export, and select "Download to local machine" and "XML format".
>If you have IE5, you'll actually get a parsed, colorized, and
>collapsible/expandible display in the browser window.
>
>Here's what a snippet looks like:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><ZopeData>
>  <record id="15">
>    <pickle>
>      <tuple id="15.1">
>        <global id="15.0" name="Folder" module="OFS.Folder"/>
>        <none/>
>      </tuple>
>    </pickle>
>    <pickle>
>      <dictionary id="15.2">
>        <item>
>            <key> <string id="15.3"
>encoding="repr">standard_html_header</string> </key>
>
>Notice something?  The elements are (effectively) Python types.  The
>import/export machinery puts XML down at the pickle level.
>
>--Paul

This is just *too* cool.
All Zopistas should d/l beta 1 just to do this one thing.....

Is the format specifically for Zope objects or is there a chance I
could upload my own XML docs (suitably mangled of course) and have
them slot into the database?

The XML Document stuff is bloody good by the way - I'm creeping my
way through the source to glean more information. :)

Tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2