[Zope] How to connect to Sybase using ZSybaseDA

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:31:15 +0200

Note that ZSybaseDA has a bug that keeps it from publishing errors
correctly. Check the line number given in the traceback. Verify that you
login ID has access to the database and table.

You can test this manually thus (replace user name, password, server and
database with real values):

	import ctsybase
	c = ctsybase.ctsybase({'user': 'bob', 'password': 'bob',
'server': 'MYSYB'})
	c.execute('use my_database')

which should go through okay if it works, give you a (hopefully)
human-readable error response if not.

-- Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom smashers and a
beautiful
girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I
care
not who writes the nation's laws." --S. J. Perelman