[Zope] manage_workspace redirects to index_html! EMERGENCY!

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:32:54 -0700

At 01:18 AM 7/26/99 +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
>It turns out -- and until I hear anything else, I chalk this up as a bug
>-- that if you rescind all permissions from the "Manager" role, Zope
>will behave like described below. Try it -- it's weird.

The issue is that as of Zope 2, the management screens are tailored to
match your permissions. If you don't have permissions for the method that
produces a management screen, it won't be shown to you. The available
management tabs are trimmed to match what you are authorized to do.
Therefore if there are say 5 management tabs on a given object and you only
have permissions to see one of them, 'View', then that's what you'll get
back from 'manage_workspace'. So clicking on an object in the management
screen would show you 'index_html' in this case.

Also the product add list will now not display objects that you don't have
adequate permissions to create.

>The behaviour is slightly different under beta 1, but still not correct.
>If I login as the "superuser", theoretically I should have unlimited
>access, correct?

Right. If you log in as the superuser but still see restricted management
screens this is a bug. If this is the case and you haven't already filed it
in the Collector, please do so.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

-Amos