[Zope] manage_workspace redirects to index_html! EMERGENCY!

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 02:37:12 +0200

>At 01:18 AM 7/26/99 +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
>>It turns out -- and until I hear anything else, I chalk this
>up as a bug
>>-- that if you rescind all permissions from the "Manager" role, Zope
>>will behave like described below. Try it -- it's weird.
>
>The issue is that as of Zope 2, the management screens are tailored to
>match your permissions. If you don't have permissions for the
>method that
>produces a management screen, it won't be shown to you. The available
>management tabs are trimmed to match what you are authorized to do.
>Therefore if there are say 5 management tabs on a given object
>and you only
>have permissions to see one of them, 'View', then that's what
>you'll get
>back from 'manage_workspace'. So clicking on an object in the
>management
>screen would show you 'index_html' in this case.
>
>Also the product add list will now not display objects that
>you don't have
>adequate permissions to create.

So far so good...

>>The behaviour is slightly different under beta 1, but still
>not correct.
>>If I login as the "superuser", theoretically I should have unlimited
>>access, correct?
>
>Right. If you log in as the superuser but still see restricted
>management
>screens this is a bug. If this is the case and you haven't
>already filed it
>in the Collector, please do so.
>
>Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

...then it's now officially a bug. :-)  I am indeed logging in as the
superuser.

My observation is that it seems as though the superuser only has the
"Manager" role. This borders on an insult, but are you sure you guys
didn't somehow implement such a rule without telling each other? :-)  If
I rescind all permissions from the Manager role, the top-level folder
only shows the "Properties" and "Find" tabs.

I did post it to the Collector. If you cannot reproduce this behaviour,
I can supply my Data.fs file for inspection. It was generated from a
.bbb file by bbb.py, in case that is relevant.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.