[Zope] ZPygreSQL woes

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:23:38 -0400

I've run into problem where I've had to recompile packages with new
kernel versions, especially new major versions when the rest of the OS
was compiled against the older.

Did you set your system up to be able to boot back to the stock 2.0.36
kernel that comes with RH52?  I would try that first (at worst you can
save your new kernel, install the RH52 kernel RPMs, rerun lilo and
reboot, but *READ* the docs first before doing this!  I'm sure if you've
re compiled your own kernel your pretty aware, but you never know).
It's pretty trivial to have your machine set up to boot any number of
kernels (you can add a lilo entry for each one and just set up a
default).

Boot back to 2.0.36, and see if the problem persists.  If not, you
probably need to compile a new glibc against the new kernel, and then
recomple Python, Postgress, Zope, and the DA.  Or switch back to 2.0.36.

-Michel