[Zope] upgrade procedure

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:05:00 -0400

> hi everyone,
>
> since all is so quiet in zope-land... let me throw out a question here
> :)
>
> what is the best way to upgrade (in my case from 2.0.0a3 to b1) an
> existing site without endangering the existing objects?  i'm running
> it on RH6.

I would say the best way is to install the new Zope in a new directory, then
copy the Data.fs over... this has all the objects in it.  If you have added
products, I'd readd them (I always keep the tar.gz files around for just
such an occasion).  This way you have the old version if something should go
wrong.

Chris