[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Zope and MS Sql Server? - MS has a free SQL 7 serv er implementation now er implementation now

Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:02:18 +1000

>>> Rob Page wrote
> You can use the SybaseDA to talk to MS SQL Server 6.5
>
> I don't think anyone has _confirmed_ but a decent rumor is that from 6.5
> -> 7.0, M$ changed the wire protocol to the point that the sybase client
> libs will no longer connect.

It's only the new stuff in 7.0 that's broken. So long as you stick to
the traditional SQL Server functionality (or should that be
"functionality"?[*]) things will work.

See also the FreeTDS work (search Freshmeat) - they intend to support 6.5 and
7.0 eventually.

Anthony

[*] SQL Server is _not_ my friend.