[Zope] any more information on using UserDB anywhere?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:20:32 -0400

I started writing NotMail before working at DC, before Zope was even
Open Sourced, and finished a 'provisional' 1.10.x version as a proof of
concept to DC that I could write products and to familiarize myself with
writing products better.

It is true, I have not had time to keep NotMail in line with Zope.  My
time has been consumed with Zope itself and our paying customers.  There
isn't much chance of me being able to look too deeply at NotMail unless
we get a paying customer whose is willing to pay for me to polish it and
update it to Zope 2.

I would *love* for someone to take over NotMail.  It is an extremely
cool Zope product, fairly well written and documented in code, and not
needing much polish to become a super cool thing.  In fact, I bet there
are several people on this list qualified enough to finish it off with
reasonable effort.

> if any of the authors who were so nice as to make them available for
> all of us could make a quick statement as to their products' Zope 2.0
> compliance and maybe add if the product is still being developed or
> not?

Ok.  The big thing about NotMail and Zope 2.0 are, 1) getting the class
permissions registered correctly, 2) fixing any bugs in my IMAP parsing
code, 3) verifying that the Python imaplib is threadsafe (of which I
have doubts), 4) greatly improving the user interface so that it looks
like all those other cool web mailers on the surface, and 5) adding some
more features, like better message managment (cut/copy/paste etc..) and
more IMAPAdapter API calls to support these features.

-Michel