[Zope] Confused about new permissions in ZClasses

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:47:44 -0400

Hi,

    I'm working with some ZClasses in 2.0b1 and I am confused about the
new permissions setup.

    Using the clean Data.fs file, I created a new Product. Then I
created a ZClass that inherits from Object Manager. If I go into the
ZClass and select the "Permissions" tab, and I see a familiar set of
permissions listed as "Inherited permissions":

Access contents information
                              Change permissions
                              Delete objects
                              FTP access
                              Import/Export objects
                              Manage properties
                              Undo changes
                              View
                              View management screens

Then, I click on the Define Permissions tab. If I click the "Access
contents information" drop down menu, it looks like everything *except*
the inherited permissions is listed. Shouldn't I be able to select the
"Access contents information" permission?

Also rather interesting is that if I create another ZClass on the
Methods tab of the first one (also inheriting from Object Manager), then
go into that ZClass, click the Define Permissions tab. Now, I can select
"Access contents information" for that permission. But, if I try to
actually save the changes, I get an error ("Waaa", in fact:) :

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 256, in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 161, in publish
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line
154, in mapply
    (Object: manage_setPermissionMapping)
  File C:\Program Files\Byproducts\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py,
line 98, in call_object
    (Object: manage_setPermissionMapping)
  File C:\Program
Files\Byproducts\lib\python\AccessControl\PermissionMapping.py, line
136, in manage_setPermissionMapping
    (Object: Otherclass)
    (Info: (['Add Database Methods', 'Add Documents, Images, and Files',
'Add External Methods', 'Add Folders', 'Add MailHost objects', 'Add User
Folders', 'Add Versions', 'Add ZCatalogs', 'Add Zope Drafts', 'Approve
draft changes', 'Change DTML Documents', 'Change DTML Methods', 'Change
Database Methods', 'Change External Methods', 'Change Images and Files',
'Change Versions', 'Change configuration', 'Change proxy roles', 'Delete
objects', 'FTP access', 'Join/leave Versions', 'Manage ZCatalog
Entries', 'Manage users', 'Save/discard Version changes', 'Search
ZCatalog', 'Use Database Methods', 'Use mailhost services', 'View',
'View management screens'], 'Access contents information', 0))
waaa

There must be something fundamental I'm missing here...

Thanks,
Kevin