[Zope] RE: Real world stress-testing

Butch Landingin butchland@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

 -----Original Message----- From: Michel Pelletier [mailto:michel@digicool.com]
> I'd be curious to find out if he had a high system load average, or if he felt most of his lag
> was due to network congestion, or both.
<snip>

Again, from one of the /. entries by Bruce :

> It's spending 90% of its time in Python. This is no surprise for a Pentium 120, it's time to
> make a trip to Fry's for a better CPU/motherboard, I guess. The 768K bit-per-second line is not
> being saturated.

Plus its using Squishdot -- which is pretty pre-alpha and has'nt been optimized at all...
I know, I wrote it... There's probably a big bottleneck in the way it's building the list of
articles which may/may not account for its slowness... I haven't done any profiling on it,
which I probably need to do before I recommend it for production use... but I guess some people
like to live on the *_bleeding_* edge ;^)

A-little-bit-just-too-Real-world-stress-testedly-yours,

Butch
butchland@yahoo.com