[Zope] FYI: Info on zope.org website hit info

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 07:59:01 -0400

Just an FYI...yesterday (obviously due to Bruce taunting the Slashdot
crowd :^) was our biggest day yet for website activity.

I'm currently only counting non-image requests, even though images are
served up by Zope.  Yesterday we got:

62,415 non-image hits, 13,549 pageviews, 2,290 sessions, 1.425 Gb sent.

For the month:

649,373 non-image hits, 289,028 pageviews, 30,780 sessions, 19.80 Gb
sent.

The max yesterday was 62,415 non-image hits in one hour, which works out
to around 2.5 non-image hits/sec.

I don't provide these stats with any interpretation, as I know that
logfile stats are unreliable and controversial.  Also, I realize that
this indicates that the zope.org site is pretty small compared to even
Moderately Big Sites, which easily do our entire month in one day.  It's
possible that our month is a slow day for, say, php.net.

But it's nice to see the rate of change.  June was the previous
high-water mark at 552k hits, with May at 451k and April at just 275k.

On to other numbers, the subscription information for the mailing lists
shows pretty positive growth as well.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909