[Zope] Novice Question: Text search of DTML Documents and Met hods?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:49:26 -0400

Zope 2.0b has a notion of ZCatalog.  A ZCatalog is an object that can
store text and field indexes of Zope objects.  You can, for example, ask
a Catalog to text index the contents of all your DTML Documents, or to
field index all the objects with the property 'favorite_color'.  Then
you can create search forms to call the catalog and get a list of
objects which match your search criteria.

It's really far more powerful than that, but that should get your
started.

-Michel