[Zope] Interrogating DTML values from within an External method

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:36:12 +0100

>hink it should make a difference.
>
>Anyway, the way I've always done it is to explicitly name the variables and
>not bother trying to use the REQUEST.  So, my function would look like this:
>
>def ExternalMethod(self, var1, var2):
>
>and my dtml call to it would be:
><!--#var "ExternalMethod(var1=var1, var2=var2)"-->
>
>Then thing about the self variable that gets passed in (I think) is it
>passes in a reference to the folder, not the dtml document.  At least I use
>it to call other methods using self.somemethod.
>
>Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the reply Nick, I've taken to passing my variables this
way rather than relying on my pretty meagre knowledge of namespaces!

thanks
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2