[Zope] Question about users...

djb@redhat.com djb@redhat.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:15:49 -0400

Okay, I'm a Zope newbie.  I installed it on my laptop to muck with it,
and so far I'm impressed.  But I'm having some trouble...I tried to
create a new user and add that user to the "Manager" role.  I then
changed the permissions in the Security tab to let Manager have some
privs to do things.  The only problem is, no matter what I try, I can't
log in as that user.

I would have thought I could just pull up a browser on another machine
somewhere, point it at my laptop, and log in.  I can do this as
the superuser, but not as the new user I created.  Not at all.  I don't
see much in the docs about logging in as another user, either.  Nor do
I even see how to log *out* once you log in as the superuser (help?).

All this is using the 1.10 RPMs linked from zope.org, as well as the
zserver instead of running with apache.

Help?

--Donnie