[Zope] failed to compile on BSDI 4.0

Tan Juay Kwang tanjk@firefox.pacific.net.sg
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:45:05 +0800 (SGT)

Hi, has anybody successfully compiled zope 2.0.0a1 on a BSDI 4.0 Intel
class machine? I can compile the package on a Sparc Solaris 2.6 with no
problems but I got the following errors (warnings?) during the compilation
process :-

gcc -D_HAVE_BSDI   -I../Components/ExtensionClass -g -O2
-I/usr/local/include/python1.5 -I/usr/local/include/python1.5 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
 -c ./../Components/ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.c
ld  ExtensionClass.o  -o ExtensionClass.so
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 08048074

After this point, I got a whole lot of undefined references.

The particular ld from Solaris 2.6 is the one supplied while the ld that
gives the warning prints the following with "ld -v" :-

GNU ld version 2.8.1 (with BFD 2.8.1)

Many thanks.

Juay Kwang