[Zope] ODBC and Zserver problems

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:36:40 +1200

In article <B059671903C6D211A0D500C0F0301C790DEC25@kubrick.mop.no>,
Alexander Staubo <alex@mop.no> writes
>Oh, but doesn't local InterBase block calls made from services?

I wasn't aware of that.

>If you're using a fully licensed version of InterBase I can't promise
>with certainty that this is the cause of your problem, but if you're
>using a bundled version (one that comes with an Inprise Borland product)
>then that version will deny connection from anything running within a
>service, because it deems this to be a "network connection" and not a
>local one, and that would violate the license. Right.

I understood that the limitation was the number of connections - I was
using it to prototype my application since I couldn't get mySQL running.

I'll ask on the MERS newsgroups to see if this is the problem but it
does sound as though you've nailed the problem.

Thanks,

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz