[Zope] Zope on Mac OS X Server

Jeffrey Shell Jeffrey@digicool.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:52:10 -0400

This is basically what I did to get it working.  I think the libraries
being in a weird place stem from the --with-next-framework option which
I assume expects to be put into an Openstep framework setup and set's
Pythons paths to be::

.../lib/

instead of the usual::

.../lib/python1.5/

(the source says it's because NeXT's Frameworks do automatic
versioning).  This gets compiled _right into Python!_, but none of the
makefiles and friends seem to catch it.  My blue box STILL refuses to
work (waaa!), so I spend a lot of time in either MacOS 8.6 or MacOS X
Server (mostly in 8.6 due to (a) a better browser, and (b) more familier
tools (yay Alpha!):)).  Thus, I don't have access to that particular bit
of patched Python source right now.  It made things significantly
easier, but was kindof a hack.  I'd be very interested in getting more
information about the NeXT Frameworks and maybe configuring the default
Python makefiles to have a "make framework" option that basically acts
like "make install", but takes into account any existing Python
framework (like Objective Everything's for example) and follows the
right versioning behaviour and other NeXT framework setups.

That LDLIBRARY option not being included in Makefile.pre.in is rather a
pain.