[Zope] (116) unable to connect, fd=3

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:25:53 +0000

--------------961C7FE16F81FAF69F33317E

I am using Zope 1.10.2 on Solaris 2.6
I have had Zope running here flawlessly until recently.

We have a web page called "Who's Who". It queries an Oracle database to get
a list of people in our department, and hyperlinks pager pin number if
someone wanted to send an e-mail message to one of our pagers (through Page
Net). Clinking on a pin number that coresponds to one of our staff members
queries the database again to bring up the staff member name and pin
number, and
brings up a page where the user can then enter who the page is from and the
message. Then the user hits submit and the data is sent to a dtml document
with sendmail commands for a pager message to be sent to Page Net.

It has worked flawlessly until recently. Now when a user tries to send
their page, they get the following:

!       Temporarily Unavailable

      The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try
again later.
(116) unable to connect, fd=3

And then pcgi dies.

With my wife's recent health problems, I have missed almost two weeks of
work, and I have not been able to return to work to record all the new work
I have done with Zope. I am here, and a bit alienated from what I had
accomplished last month, so I haven't a clue what I might have done to set
this error off.

Please help the blind!

--

Tim Hawes