[Zope] trouble with Zope 2.0.0a1, manage_addZGadflyMethod

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:36:41 -0400

<snip>

> whats wrong? Where can I get working database demos? In
> detail, how can I
> create a table to play with?

Somewhere between 1.9 and 2.0.0a we broke the Gadfly that comes with
Zope.  We are commited and interested in leaving Gadfly in Zope, but we
are a little strained for project resources at the moment.  Hopefully,
we will have a working version of the latest gadfly bundled with zope
2.0 final.  We realize that this is an inconvienence, and fixing this is
definatly on the board.

In the meantime, you can get the latest version of Gadfly
(http://www.chordate.com/) and use it in a non-bundled fasion with Zope.
It will work identically (probably better, cuz you'd have the latest
version) you just have to go the extra step of installing Gadfly.

-Michel

PS: Gadfly Database Adapter related questions should go here, not to
Aaron.  Gadfly related questions (non-zope) should probably go to it's
discussion group (http://www.egroups.com/list/gadfly-rdbms/)