[Zope] (116) unable to connect, fd=3

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:03:36 -0500

> > It has worked flawlessly until recently. Now when a user tries to send
> > their page, they get the following:
> >
> > !       Temporarily Unavailable
> >
> >       The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable -
> > please try
> > again later.
> > (116) unable to connect, fd=3
> >
> > And then pcgi dies.
>
> Yes this is a pcgi error.  This can happen for a few reasons (Jeff do
> you know what this error means exactly?)  I've had similar errors happen
> when there are syntax errors in ZPublisher, Python core dumps, and other
> strange happening.  I would try to factor the problem down,
> <!--#comment--> out sections of your code until you find the line that
> causes the error, and then investigate it's failure from the top down.
>
> -Michel

I'll look into it tonight.  The error #116 is simply a marker to
locate the error in the pcgi-wrapper.c source (formerly all
errors just responded with "unable to connect" messages).

Tim, has anything been upgraded recently on your system
(e.g. Apache) ?

An experimental pcgi_publisher.py lets you manually start
the pcgi process from the command line.  Contact me
seperately if you're interested in trying it out.

Regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.