[Zope] help help!

CURTIS David David.Curtis@state.or.us
02 Jun 1999 10:13:04 -0700

Greetings,
I am a newbie trying to access MySQL via ZOPE.  Basically I want to access databases via the web.
I keep getting a mysql access error :"                MySQL error select command is denied to user '@localhost' for table 'table1'

===PC SETUP===
Here is my setup.
Redhat Linux 5.2
Python 1.5.1
MySQL 22.22.22 (most stable version)
Zope 1.20.29   (most stable version)

I have tried already to grant rights to 'nobody' and 'localhost' users.  This did not help!
mysql> grant select, insert on database1.table1 to nobody@159.121.xx.xx; and localhost, localhost@159.xx, etc...

 I added the line "mysql database1" to the connection screen.    Can I connect with a usernamne and a password?  Basically how can I determine it I am really connected to the database: ie is there a command that I can send to the database that does not need access?  Also once I get connected (unless I give up) how do I access this database via other computers? I tried on a separate  PC using the following URL: http://159.121.xx.xx:9673/manage and it sits and spins.  It works on the localhost PC only.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!