[Zope] Running ZopeHTTPServer and PCGI together = a bad thing ?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:33:27 -0400

Chris wrote:
> relatively trivial.  Having said that, we'd love to have someone who
> knows enough about Apache's module interface, to write one of
> these for
> the community...

Well said, Chris!  Folks, here's a great opportunity for someone to step
up and make a big-time difference in Zope land.

For those of you that can write C, doing an Apache module shouldn't be
more than an exercise in diligence.  The Apache module API is pretty
well documented and there are a good number of examples.  The PCGI part
of the equation is so very, very small that, were someone to get
comfortable with the Apache API, this project would be straightforward
to say the least.

On the other hand, it's positive impact would be gargantuan.  A huge
amount of Zope frustration comes from things that deal with Apache
integration, *particularly* process activation.  I view the usability
win to be at least as high as the performance win.

I hate to beg, but...PLEEEEEEAAASE!

--Paul