[Zope] Running ZopeHTTPServer and PCGI together = a bad thing?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 18:32:02 -0400

Tony McDonald wrote:

> Many thanks for the response Michel, I thought I was losing it for a time...
>

> >Hmm.. your not running these servers at the same time are you?  That's
> >bad.  Only one process can open a database at any one time.  Zope will
> >*usually* catch this, unless one of those processes opens the database
> >over a network file system with brain dead locking (in other words,
> >NFS).  If you have two processes working with a db and one is using NFS,
> >your database will be silently corrupted.
>
> oh......sh*t
> I have been running the two processes simultaneously, and I've just
> checked with our sysadmin...we *do* use NFS.
> To check on the database I did;
>
> 91 % python bbb.py -s 10 -b Data.bbb
>
> Corrupted data record at 9211505

What message does it give?  Does Zope come up with this
data?  If you copied this data to another installation
(or another instance home) would Zope come up?  Or is the Zope process
still running?

Jim

repeats.