[Zope] FW: PCGI

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 01:30:04 -0400

            ^^^ 2.0???  I can only assume this is a typo (like Python
1.5.2).

> > extracted Zope-2.0.0a1-src.tgz at /usr/local/src by
> >  -  python w_pcgi.py
> >  -  chmod -R 777 var  (I'm in /usr/local/srcZope-2.0.0a1-src)
> >  -  copy Zope.cgi to /www/ww.it.pru/cgi-bin
> > added this entry in httpd.conf :
> >     # Zope configuration maps /Zope/ to the Zope.cgi CGI script
> >     RewriteEngine on
> >     RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
> >     RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /www/www.it.pru/Zope.cgi/$1
> > [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
> >  Anyway, is the placing in the httpd.conf important? I
> suspect the
> error
> > is in the RewriteRule.
> >
> > Problem is I still can't get myself authenticated. Why so?
> >
> > I'm really out of ideas already. FYI, I've been trying Zope
> 1.0 and it

I hate to beat a dead horse, but if you have a copy of Zope 1.0 I would
suggest upgrading to 1.10.2.  You meant 2.0, right?

> > gave me the same problem!! I will really appreciate very
> much for any
> > input or soltuions. T.Q.
> >
> > Paul Chung
> > hcsccs@prudential.com.my

Ok now onto your question.  The easiest way to get a roll-your-own
Apache system working with Zope is to examine a working system.

Download Zap.

http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zap-1.1.0

Note, Zap has only been tested with 1.10.2.

-Michel