[Zope] Running ZopeHTTPServer and PCGI together = a bad thing?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:26:07 +0100

At 6:32 pm -0400 4/6/99, Jim Fulton wrote:

> > I have been running the two processes simultaneously, and I've just
>> checked with our sysadmin...we *do* use NFS.
>> To check on the database I did;
>>
>> 91 % python bbb.py -s 10 -b Data.bbb
>>
>> Corrupted data record at 9211505
>
>What message does it give?

Thanks for the reply Jim,

The message from bbb.py is
33 % python bbb.py -s 10 -b Data.bbb

Corrupted data record at 9211505

(cOFS.Fold

Corrupted data record at 12056388

(cOFS.DTML

Zope doesn't give a message as such (I have no idea how to locate the
corrupt database item through the zope interface).

>Does Zope come up with this
>data?

I  don't know how to locate the data via Zope, so I can't tell
whether Zope is coming up with the data or not.

>If you copied this data to another installation
>(or another instance home) would Zope come up?  Or is the Zope process
>still running?
>
>Jim

I've not copied the Data.bbb file (is this the 'data' you mean?) to
another installation. I'm not running the multiple INSTANCE_HOME
stuff, but will have a look at it. The Zope process is still running
(and I've stopped/restarted it since then).

thanks for the help,
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2