[Zope] next-sequence and previous-sequence help..

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:17:49 +0100

Hi all,
I'm trying to get something working that displays a sequence from a
database and provide next-sequence and previous-sequence buttons.
What is different from the online documentation is that I want both
the buttons at the end of a sequence block.

eg, I want,
<!--#in my_sequence size=5 orphan=1 start=query_start-->
.
..the values from my_sequence...

<!--#if previous-sequence-->
previous button (batch of five).
<!--#/if-->
<!--#if next-sequence-->
next button (batch of five)
<!--#/if-->
<!--#/in-->

whereas the Zope docs imply this format,
<!--#in my_sequence size=5 orphan=1 start=query_start-->
<!--#if previous-sequence-->
previous button (batch of five).
<!--#/if-->

..the values from my_sequence...

<!--#if next-sequence-->
next button (batch of five)
<!--#/if-->
<!--#/in-->

The problem is that the previous-sequence button is not shown (at
all). The docs say
'previous-sequence::	the variable is true when the first element
is displayed, and when the first element displayed is not the first
element in the sequence'

This *seems* to imply that previous-sequence can only be used at the
beginning of a sequence...(and presumably that next-sequence can only
be used at the end of a sequence).

Is this right?

tone

------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2