[Zope] another simple question...

Tony.McDonald@newcastle.ac.uk Tony.McDonald@newcastle.ac.uk
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:53:54 +0100 (BST)

> The zope manual would be much more useful if it gave a few examples...
>
> I have this method:
>
>   Method: GetAuthorID
>   Arguments: authorid:int
>
>   SELECT authorname,authoremail FROM authors
>   WHERE <!--#sqltest authorid column=authorid type=int-->
>
> I then want to do something like this:
>
> <!--#in GetAuthorID(4)-->
> <A HREF="mailto:<!--#var authoremail-->"><!--#var authorname--></A>
> <!--#/in-->
>

> What's the proper format for calling a method with arguments?

<!--#in "GetAuthor(authorid=4)"-->
blah blah

I believe this is because 'GetAuthorID(4)' is actually an expression and therefore needs
quoting. As for setting the ZSQL argument, that's because I've never managed to get a ZSQL method
that needed an argumanet to work without it...

hth
toe
(dumb telnet session..)