[Zope] (sort of teaser) Re: [Zope] Recursive aquisition: good or bad?

Wed, 09 Jun 1999 00:26:31 +1000

>>> Michel Pelletier wrote
> You could call it self._v_new and the persistence machinery will never
> store it in the database.  Attributes starting with _v_ are 'volitile'.
>
> Do you want your new DMC_nonP objects to acquire from 'self' as their
> parent?  You can do this without an assignment (I think this is right,
> never atctually put it to the test):
>
> 	x = DMC(...)
> 	return x.__of__(self)
>
> x must inherit ExtensionClass.Base to get this machinery.  This returns
> an Acquisition wrapped object whose ac_parent is 'self'.

ooo - thanks.

hm - I tried both these, but stuff still gets written to the bobobase.
Ah well, I'll release the code in a few minutes, someone else can
look at it and point out what stupid thing I'm doing.

Anthony