[Zope] That Gadfly adapter.... *grin*

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:28:21 +0000

Sean McGerty wrote:

> Bugger. I've been using the following construct with ODBC SQL dbs for years... There's also matching examples in the Gadfly documentation, but Gadfly through Zope doesn't seem to like it:
> :select *
> :from A, B
> :where A.recNum = B.recNum
>
> And both recNum fields are of the same type. Simple you say? I thought so. Except it's coming back as blank and if I change the = to a <> all rows and columns are returned - including those which an eyeball search says have matching recNum values. Which makes one wonder if I'm missing something significant.
>
> It's almost 3am and I've been on this particular problem for a few hours now... Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there a difference in bahavior in Gadfly under Zope that could effect it?

The version of gadfly that is used in our Zope ZGadflyDA is woefully out of date.
It is only intended for demonstration purposes, so it has never been high enough
on our priority list to update it, although we certainly want to.  If someone
would like to take this project over, I'd be happy to provide some pointers and
advice.

Maybe there should be a separate gadfly DA (or some smarts in the current one)
to detect an existing gadfly installation and use it.  Again, If someone
wants to volunteer, I'd be happy to provide advice.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.