[Zope] Additional HTML-Header on ZServer FTP-get

Stefan Bund asbund@gmx.de
08 Jun 1999 19:48:12 +0200

After I have read about ZServer and the FTP access method, I was really
intrigued by the possibility to use emacs+ange-ftp to easily manage
Zope Documents.

After a bit of struggling with the Zope configuration I got it
working: I LOVE emacs: I can open a file
'/localhost:8021:/standard_html_header', edit it and then save it with
C-x C-s and it will be changed in the Zope-Database. Cool. (I patched
ange-ftp to support Port Numbers though...)

Now to the Problem: Whenever I open a DTML-Document or DTML-Method,
the changed document then saves this additional HTML-Header... Bad...

Is this a (known?) Bug in ZServer?

I'm using ZServer Version 1.0b1 with Zope 1.10.2 and ZPublisher
990415.

Another question: How does ZServer determine the type of Object to
Add when put-ing a new File?

Stefan.