[Zope] FYI: Zope Weekly News

Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:18:18 +1000

>>> Amos Latteier wrote

> * Anthony Baxter announced an alpha of Zope Dataminer, which is an
> interesting looking system for dynamically constructing SQL queries via
> URLs.
>
>   http://www.interlink.com.au/anthony/dmc-0.1.tgz
>   http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-June/005173.html

Ah - I obviously didn't explain it well enough in my original posting.

It's not necessary to construct the queries by building the URLs -
it's an interactive application - you build the queries dynamically.
("hm, let's see, I don't want to see _that_ data, so I'll click on the
'not equal to' link next to it")

The eventual goal is for it to be able to be used in place of something
like Crystal Reports SQL for allowing people to build up queries.

I'll put up an animated gif demonstrating it, soonish.

Anthony