[Zope] Getting at base ZClass methods

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 01:31:59 +0200

I have an instance of ZClass Y, which has a base ZClass X. Now, X
defines some DTML Method foo_html, but Y is a specialized variant for
which I don't want to _replace_ foo_html, but augment it with extra
information. Is there a way to get at a base ZClass' methods in the
context of an instance?

Code that illustrates what I'd like to achieve:

X.foo_html:
  <!--#var basic_information_property-->

Y.foo_html:
  <!--#var "getinherited('foo_html')"-->
  <!--#var specialized_information_property-->

Here, the hypothetical getinherited() would find the method object in an
ancestor class.

Possible?

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"