[Zope] Changing properties on objects

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 02:09:40 +0200

I feel really stupid asking this, but I have no choice.

I have some instances of ZClasses where I'm attempting to easily post
changes through a form. The form goes to a method which I've written
like so:

<!--#with "_.namespace(R = REQUEST)"-->
<!--#call "propertysheets.MyObjectInfo.manage_changeProperties(R)"-->
<!--#/with-->

(The reason for the namespace(...) bit is to avoid actually including
REQUEST, as this will have manage_changeProperties() emit an "Your
changes have been saved" thing.)

I could have pointed the form to manage_editProperties (ie., <form
action="manage_editProperties">), but this would also have given me the
"Your changes..." thing.

The above works, except it explicitly addresses the "MyObjectInfo"
property sheet, and I'd like to have posting mechanism that can fill in
the properties of any property sheet. Is that possible?

Am I as way, way off track as I think I am?

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"