[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Suggestion: Full name attribute for user objects

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:53:02 +0200

>> It would be very cool if user objects (that is to say User.BasicUser)
>> could have a "fullname"-type attribute. This would also fit
>> well in with
>> other authentication schemes such as Windows NT, where users
>> have a full
>> name in addition to a login name.
[snip]

>Thanks for the entusiasm, but there's no need.  The membeship system
>will allow you to assign arbitrary properties to member objects.  Of
>course, you can hard code in Full Name if you don't want to wait.

What with cases where the Portal Toolkit is overkill? The UserFolder
architecture serves just fine for my purpose, it's just that one missing
property. Note that I don't know how integrated the ZPT will be into
Zope, so maybe "overkill" is irrelevant in this case if ZPT will be
fully grafted into Zope. But if not, and if it does not replace
UserFolder, and if ZPT brings along with lots of baggage, I'd rather
want to extend UserFolder than switching.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"In the end, we all assume room temperature." --John Maynard Keynes