[Zope] Newbie:Navigational bar

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:55:55 -0700

Jules Allen wrote:

> At 04:46 PM 6/11/99 +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> >All three schemes serve slightly different purposes, but deserve equal
> >mention, I think.
>
> Thanks for the comments and it looks like I might have two more versions of
> the navbar to write up :-)
> <snip>
> Maybe if you could email me (off-list if you like) two or three examples of
> why your version would be better for a specific purpose, that would help me
> write up a much better doc.

This sort of feature, as used on Yahoo and other directory sites, is
typically called 'breadcrumbs' in my experience. I'd like to add my
endorsement, as it is essential while navigating 'wide-and-deep'
information spaces, to inform people not only where they are, but how
they got there.

As an aside, I find that using a '>' symbol as a delimiter generally
improves end-user comprehension.

Michael Bernstein.