[Zope] var rendering question

J Kinsley jkinsley@horus.bticc.net
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:59:52 -0400 (EDT)

After two and a half weeks of tinkering with Zope, I have decided
that I will ditch my conventional web technology for this new alien
technology.  It has already rewired half my brain, so I might as well
go for a complete rewiring job.  You sure you guys at DC aren't from
another planet? ;-)

The site I am constructing as a means of learning Zope uses frames by
default if supported by the remote.  For browsers that do not like
frames or users who don't want frames, I have constructed psudo
frames using tables.

Insterad of trying to explain this in words, below is a quick snippet
of code illustrating the problem.

FRAMESET:

  <frameset>
   <frame target=title src=<!--#var title_src-->>
  </frameset>

TABLESET:

  <!--#var title_src-->

With that, both the problem and the concept of what I am doing should
be clear.  For each frame there is an xxx_src variable which is set
to the DTML object id to be displayed in the particular frame
(title_src=/Title.dtml).  The frameset version works as expected
while the tableset only displays the '/Title.dtml' string (which is
why my test version uses <!--#var Title.dtml--> instead).  My
question is this.  Is there a builtin way to get the contents of the
DTML object pointed to by xxx_src instead of the object name?  If
not, then I am assuming that I will need an external method which is
one beast I have yet to figure out.

Regards,
Jarrod Kinsley