[Zope] Still trying no success

Robert W. Canary rwcanary@ohiocounty.net
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:15:38 -0500

Well... still no succes with trying to get Zope to work.

It seems to me that in order to get Zope to work I have to completely
scrap my Apache and turn it into a Zope web server.   I guess I am
failing to see the concept here.   Does Zope take over everything?  I
know this seems to be a strange question, but it seems from the rewrite
rules that I have seen,  that the only way to get Zope to work is if one
configures the rewrite rule to examine and rewrite all cgi's so it will
go through Zope.  However, If I have a cgi-bin and I want to run a cgi
from that directory then it is going to get filtered by the rewrite
rule.   The rewrite rule has a condition of ^/cgi-bin/Zope/(.*) and
rewrites it to /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/$1  according to the rewrite log
(pasted below) I belive it is doing the rewrite correctly.

(2) init rewrite engine with requested uri /cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage

(3) applying pattern '^/cgi-bin/Zope/(.*)' to uri
'/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage'
(4) RewriteCond: input='' pattern='^(.*)' => matched
(2) rewrite /cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage ->
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage
(5) setting env variable 'HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION' to ''
(2) remember /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage to have MIME-type
'application/x-httpd-cgi'
(2) local path result: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage
(1) go-ahead with /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi/manage [OK]
(1) force filename /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi to have MIME-type
'application/x-httpd-cgi'

I have created a var directory under the httpd directory and included
everything that was under the /var/local/Zope directory, and given
everything there owner:nobody group:nobody rwxrwxrwx.    Yes. I altered
the Zope.cgi to reflect these directory changes as well.

Now the question is what does Apache do with the Zope.cgi?

My access.conf includes a "<Directory /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope> Options
ExecCGI </Directory>", and my srm.conf includes the line "ScriptAlias
/cgi-bin/Zope/ /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/"

When I go to my browser and type http://localhost/cgi-bin/Zope/Zope.cgi
I get this error:

!  Temporarily Unavailable
   The rescource you have requested is temporarily unavailable - please
try again later.
   (102) failure during connect

Can someone tell me what this means,  what cuases it?

--
robert canary
system services