[Zope] Still trying no success... and [Why base href?]

Steve Spicklemire steve@estel.uindy.edu
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 08:45:46 -0500 (EST)

I think I've solved both of these problems for my situation with the
following Rewrite rules...

I'm running ZServer on port 9673 and via pcgi. I use the 9673 approach
internally while externally folks go through apache and use pcgi.

note that access to /cgi-bin doesn't go through zope.... but /foo* and
/zope/foo* and /zope* all map to Zope.cgi/foo... This way you can mix
a filesystem (apache only, cgi, html) based site with zope, if that
floats your boat. ;-)

On the Zope server I have a root level folder called 'foo' that
contains the foo site. This way I can have a single zope server
that handles may different virtual hosts all running through
apache (including ssl) without using :9673 etc....

<VirtualHost foo.spvi.com>
Port 80
ServerAdmin steve@spvi.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/sites/foo/Pages
Alias /Images "/usr/local/www/sites/foo/Images"
ServerName foo.spvi.com
ErrorLog /var/log/foo_error.log
TransferLog /var/log/foo_access.log
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/zope/foo(.*) /zope$1
RewriteRule ^/foo(.*) /zope$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/zope(.*) /usr/local/etc/zope/Zope.cgi/foo$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</VirtualHost>

"Robert W. Canary" wrote:

> Well... still no succes with trying to get Zope to work.
>
> It seems to me that in order to get Zope to work I have to completely
> scrap my Apache and turn it into a Zope web server.   I guess I am
> failing to see the concept here.   Does Zope take over everything?  I

I think this may answer this question as well....  the URLs
that get requestes here are not /cgi-bin/zope/Zope.cgi/foo$ but
rather just:

http://foo.spvi.com/zope   (takes me to zopes root 'foo'  folder..)

http://foo.spvi.com/anything/else/but/zope/or/foo/index.html  (takes me to a filesystem object)

http://foo.spvi.com/foo/some/zope/path  (takes me through zope....)

also.. once you are authenticated... you need to shut down your browser
to 'deauthenticate'. I know of no way to 'log out'.

-steve