[Zope] Ahaaaa! Success Startup Authentication !!

Stefan Bund asbund@gmx.de
14 Jun 1999 08:26:11 +0200

paul@digicool.com (Paul Everitt) writes:
> "Robert W. Canary" wrote:
> > I found one thing that did not quit work the way the zope docs said.
>
> I think you're right.  Could you do us a favor:
>
> 1) Write up all your impressions about how the install docs could be
> improved.
>
> 2) Specifically highlight the area that is incorrect.

Hmm... I also set up Zope using pcgi access. I'm using ZServer, but
the apache setup should be the same. I did not encounter any of the
above problems. There was just one problem: I had played around with
several different methods of Access to Zope. At one time I had an
entry in srm.conf saying

ScriptAlias /Zope/ /usr/local/Zope-1.10.2/Zope.cgi

This worked seamlessly if I let the apache server do the
authentification (with appropriate entries in access.conf). But when I
switched to Zope's own authentication, I had to REMOVE all ScriptAlias
lines !!! And replace them with a simple RewriteRule in httpd.conf:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/local/Zope-1.10.2/Zope.cgi/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

(straight from the Doc). I have no problems with this setup. The
important thing is: No ScriptAlias if you have a rewrite rule !! (I
found this using the log feature of mod_rewrite with a fairly high
log-level).

I hope, this is helpful :-)

Stefan.